No company can afford to ignore Robotic Process Automation today. The business case for implementing RPA has been well established in most companies. The challenge therefore is to identify components of processes can be automated using RPA. This is best done by people closest to the process i.e. Process Associates, Team Leaders and Managers.
This program provides participants helps participants understand what exactly RPA is, how it is different from traditional automation, what can be automated, how to identify components that can be automated, and the mindset required to for continuous improvement using automation.
1. AUTOMATION AND ITS IMPACT
• Brief history of automation and its impact on business.
• Covers examples from automation during industrial revolution (steam engine, looms etc.) till modern day examples such as financial institutions, government and also internet/mobile apps.
2. RPA AND ITS ROLE IN AUTOMATION
• Introduction to the concept of RPA. How is it different from regular automation?
• Introduction to Computer application ranging MS Excel Macros to various third party RPA products to custom developed RPA applications
• Functions of an RPA tool/application and methods used to automate
• Benefits of RPA
3. WHAT CAN BE AUTOMATED
• Criteria for automation:
a. Repetitive tasks currently being done by people that are rule based and that do not require human judgement
b. Some Repetitive tasks being done by people that are generally rule based, and that sometimes require human judgement
• Several examples using the two criteria
• A brief introduction to machine learning with examples of its application in RPA
• Visual example of machine learning
4. ENABLING AUTOMATION
• Process mapping with Flow Charts
• Using flowcharts to Identify processes or parts of a process that can be automated
• When can Excel Macros be used and when do we need more sophisticated automation technologies such as RPA
5. OUR MINDSET
• Fixed versus Growth Mindset
• Thinking about Continuous improvement
• Using Automation as a method for continuous improvement
Total Duration: 8 Hours + Breaks
Includes: Pre Test and Post Test
Bloom's Level: 1 and 2
RPA Fundamentals is facilitated by senior OnTrac trainers who have between 8 to 14 years of experience in core operations. They are well versed with the topics of the program and will connect their own experience as managers in the industry to the contents of the program. We maintain stringent standards for recruitment of our Trainers.
Phone (Philippines): +63 906 200 2880
43/23, 2nd Cross, Promenade Road,
Frazer Town, Bangalore - 560005,